CFA, CA(SA), ACMA, CGMA
Bcom (Hons) Accounting Sciences (University of Pretoria)
David Ngobeni - CFA, CA(SA), ACMA, CGMAGovernor (Chief Executive Officer) KidZania
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Accountant CA(SA)
- Associate Certified Management Accountant and Certified Global Management accountant (ACMA & CGMA)
- Compus leadership course (GIBS University)
- Deutche Bank’s Investment Banking Certificate
- Certificate in financial markets (Beaufort institute)
- Founder & Chief Executive Officer : Alpha Investment Group
Founded Alpha Investment Group which started trading in December 2015 and since then has accomplished the following:
- Acquired the largest stake in MTN Zakhele Structure in a deal worth over ½ billion Rands
- Acquired a 21.28% in Matrix Marketing
- The company also advised on a number of transactions:
- Sale of Coca Cola Shanduka Beverages to Coca-Cola International (TCCC)
- Sale of Macdonald's South Africa
- Sale of MTN Zakhele
- Sale of of Attacq shares
- Acquisition of Phutumanathi shares
- Non-Executive Director of McDonalds South Africa
- Chairman of the McDonalds South Africa Audit Committee
- Non-Executive Director of TEBA Limited
- Trustee of the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation
Chief Financial Officer & Chief Investment Officer of Shanduka Group (Up to December 2015)
- Led the negotiation and implementation of the merger between Shanduka Group and Phembani with an EV of over R10bn
- Led the negotiation and implementation of a complex restructuring of Shanduka Group which facilitated the exit of the Founding Chairman, and the buyback of minority shareholders
- Raised billions of Rands worth of acquisition capital
- Led the negotiation that saw China Investment Corporation (CIC) acquire 25% in Shanduka Group
- Was instrumental in the negotiation and implementation of the following acquisitions among others;
- McDonald’s South Africa (2011) ; MTNZ (2010); MTN Nigeria (2012); Buy-up of Shanduka Coal by Shanduka Resources (over R1bn); Reinvestment in CCSB (Coca Cola Shanduka Beverages);
- Monetisation of the following investments (among many others)
- Bidvest shares (2014),MTN Nigeria (2015); Alexander Forbes ; Icon Ghana (2015); Mondi Packaging; Blue Falcon and Standard Bank shares (over R700m) via a collar derivative structure
Senior Manager: Standard Bank Corporate and Investment Banking (2003 to 2008)
Started his investment banking career in the Structured Debt Finance Division. Among other responsibilities, performed financial modelling, deal structuring and administration of structured finance deals. Later moved to the Strategic Investment Division where he originated and implemented strategic equity and mezzanine deals for the bank. Had extensive exposure to Global Markets, Mezzanine Finance and BEE Finance. He received an award from Standard Bank for being one of the best investment banking managers
CA(SA), B Com Acc. Hon. (UJ), B Com (Rhodes)
Lerato HlohlongoaneMinister of Finance (Finance Executive) KidZania
Lerato is a Chartered Accountant (SA) with Honours in Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting from the University of Johannesburg and a Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting from Rhodes University.
Prior to joining the Group, she worked at Shanduka Group Pty Ltd as the Finance Manager where she managed financial reporting and finance governance for Shanduka Group and its investee companies. She was also appointed by the Executive team of Shanduka Group to be on the High Potential programme for individuals identified to have potential to be future executives.
Prior to that she worked at Nashua Kopano, the BEE vehicle for Nashua, as Finance Manager and assisted in creating synergies between the IT, Sales and Finance divisions resulting in significant increases in revenue.
Lerato completed her articles at PricewaterhouseCoopers (“PwC”) in the Financial Services, Insurance and Investment Management (“FSIIM”) division. She was awarded the FSIIM employee of the year award in 2011. Her portfolio of clients included OUTsurance, MMI Holdings, Lion of Africa, Liberty, Stanlib, Zurich Insurance and Shanduka Group.
LLB (Wits), Admitted Attorney Post Graduate Certificate in Compliance, Risk & Management (UCT)
Sade LekenaMinister of Justice (Legal Executive) KidZania
Sade has an LL. B, from Wits and a Post-Graduate Certificate in Compliance Risk & Management from the University of Cape Town. Sade is an Admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
Before joining the Group, Sade was Group Legal and Secretarial Associate at Shanduka Group and second in charge to the Shanduka Group Company Secretary.
Sade’s experience includes corporate and commercial work having advised on mergers and acquisitions, general commercial work, Competition Law and ligation in the High Court, Supreme Court of Appeal and the Constitutional Court. She was a member of the team that advised Power FM in relation to its successful licence application before ICASA for a primary radio market in Gauteng.
Sade has served as Company Secretary on the board of a number of companies including, Mc Donald’s SA, the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation and the Adopt-a-School Foundation. She is currently the Company Secretary of the Group and its subsidiaries.
Carlos-SaldanaMinister of Urban Development (Project Development Manager) KidZania
Carlos is a professional Architect who joined Alpha Investment Group in 2017 specifically to manage the development of KidZania Johannesburg.
Carlos studied his Degree in Architecture at the National Autonomous University of Mexico. He then attained his professional license, after which he practiced as an Architectural Designer and Supervisor for a number of years on a various key projects in Mexico City.
Prior to joining the Group, Carlos worked for KidZania de Mexico S.A., first as an Architectural Designer and Project Coordinator for 10 years and then as the Architectural Manager for 3 years.
BA (Drama) Rhodes, BA Hon. (Drama) UCT, BA Hon. (Psychology) UNISA
Catherine ScottMinister of Culture (Experience Manager) KidZania
Catherine Scott has an Honours in Drama from the University of Cape Town (Distinction) and an Honours in Psychology from the University of South Africa, and a Bachelor of Arts (Distinction) from Rhodes University.
Prior to joining Alpha Investment Group, Catherine formed part of the core team responsible for the launch of KidZania London, where she developed all content, facilitated training, and supported the operation. Passionate about education and childhood development, Catherine has nearly a decade of experience working in the fields of theatre education, special needs facilitation, copywriting and content production, in a number of countries including South Africa, England, Scotland and Argentina.
BA Law (UJ) Post Graduate Certificate in Practical Labour Law (UCT)
Kerri-Ann LancasterMinister of Labour (HR Manager) KidZania
Kerri-Ann is an accomplished HR professional with several years’ experience. She is responsible for maintaining and enhancing KidZania’s talent by planning, implementing and evaluating collaborators relations and human resources policies, programmes and practices.
Kerri-Ann studied BA Law majoring in Psychology at the University of Johannesburg, and has a postgraduate certificate in Practical Labour Law from the University of Cape Town.
Her career started in the field of Labour Law/ Industrial Relations where she worked in the Litigation department representing various clients in the applicable councils. Prior to joining the Group, Kerri-Ann was an HR Manager responsible for Limpopo and Mpumalanga in the Gaming and Entertainment sector.